At Habitat for Humanity, we know that families in Hanover and King William and around the world have the potential to stand on their own. All they sometimes really need is a helping hand, a way to help themselves so that they can build a better life.
To carry out our vision, we partner with individuals and families from application through construction until the keys are handed over.
By working with us from beginning to end, we can help prospective individuals prepare for the various responsibilities of homeownership, including learning about personal finances, mortgages, maintenance and upkeep of homes, and so much more.
Habitat’s path to homeownership is an important and in-depth process, requiring hard work, time and dedication. This helps to ensure the long-term success of Habitat homeowners.
Habitat homeowners must be active participants in building a better home and future for themselves and their families. Every Habitat home is an investment.
In order to qualify for Hanover and King William Habitat for Humanity's homewnership program, an individual or family must meet the following homebuyer requirements. Most mortgages are financed through an outside party.
- Live or work in Hanover or King William County for a minimum of one year.
- Income of $30,000 per year and up, depending on family size (or lower if you own land). See income chart for details.
- Demonstrated financial responsibility through credit references. No outstanding collections or judgments.
- A willingness to partner with Hanover Habitat, by committing to a minimum of 200 hours of sweat equity.
- A need for affordable housing. You live in housing that is overcrowded, unaffordable OR substandard.
|Family Size||Minimum Annual Income||Maximum Annual Income|
Hanover and King William Habitat for Humanity continues to build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter. However, the current real estate market has created a significant challenge in our ability to acquire land. We don't want this to keep us from building affordable homes, so we are now looking for potential applicants who have their own land but can't afford to build a home.
Applications are currently closed. Please email [email protected] or contact our office at 804-569-6108 x105 to be added to the list and be notified when we reopen applications.
Are you ready for homeownership? Check out our resource page to get prepared.
Open Floor Plans
2 Full Bathrooms
Front and Rear Decks
Outdoor Storage Shed
Carpeting & Tile Flooring