Hanover and King William Habitat is currently hiring for the following position(s):
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/CASHIER
Department: Hanover and King William Habitat for Humanity ReStore
Position: Customer Service Representative/Cashier
Employee Status: Non-exempt, hourly. Up to16-20 hours per week, shifts available between 10 am-2 pm Tuesday through Saturday
Pay is $11 per hour
- Welcome customers, answer their questions, help them locate items
- Operating cash registers and other electronics as necessary
- Respond to customer and donor inquiries, providing outstanding service to customers and donors.
- Screen for product usability, donation compliance, and acceptance standards.
- Load and unload materials from customer donations and purchases from/to private vehicles in a safe and effective manner.
- Distribution of donation receipts, information, and/or marketing materials
- Position and reposition saleable materials on the sales floor, maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly sales floor.
- Use hand jacks and hand trucks to move heavier items and pallets
- Daily cleaning and straightening of ReStore loading and unloading area, keeping it safe, and orderly.
- Supervising volunteers, making their experience meaningful.
- Within the scope of Hanover Habitat’s mission and operation policies, understand the needs of donors, customers, volunteers, and staff and respond to them in an efficient, courteous and respectful manner.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Hanover Habitat’s goals, mission, philosophy, and policies and demonstrate this understanding in daily interactions.
- Maintain effective and professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, customers and donors, and the public.
- Other duties as assigned by the ReStore Manager
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check
- Must be available Saturdays
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time without break.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, and outgoing personality.
- Punctual and reliable
- Willingness to work with volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Desire to work with diverse staff and customer base
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Veterans are welcome to apply.
Applicants are asked to send a completed application and resume to [email protected] or to come into the store to fill out an application and bring their resume.
The ReStore is open Tuesday through Saturday, 9-5, and located at 7199 Stonewall Parkway, Mechanicsville, VA 23111.