THE RESTORE IS HIRING!
Position: Receiver / Truck Driver / Customer Service Representative
Employee Status: Non-exempt, hourly up to 24 hours per week
- Greet donors and answer their questions in a positive manner.
- Load and unload materials from customer donations and purchases from/to private vehicles in a safe and effective manner.
- Complete required Donation Receipts and Sanitation Log as needed
- Screen for product usability, donation compliance and acceptance standards.
- Respond to customer and donor inquiries, providing outstanding service to customers and donors.
- Position and reposition saleable materials on the sales floor, maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly sales floor.
- Use hand jacks and hand trucks to move heavier items and pallets
- Daily cleaning and straightening of ReStore loading and unloading area, keeping it safe, and orderly.
- Supervising volunteers, making their experience meaningful.
- Within the scope of Hanover and King William Habitat’s mission and operation policies, understand the needs of donors, customers, volunteers, and staff and respond to them in an efficient, courteous and respectful manner.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Hanover and King William Habitat’s goals, mission, philosophy and policies and demonstrate this understanding in daily interactions.
- Maintain effective and professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, customers and donors and the public.
- Operate or assist on the ReStore truck with donation pickups
- Other duties as assigned by the ReStore Manager
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check
- Must have a valid Drivers License and be insurable
- Must be available Saturdays
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk extended periods of time without break.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, and outgoing personality.
- Punctual and reliable
- Willingness to work with volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
Desire to work with diverse staff and customer base. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, come into the store at 7199 Stonewall Parkway Mechanicsville, VA 23111, call 804-569-6108 and ask for Rick, or email your resume to [email protected]