Hanover and King William Habitat is currently hiring for the following position(s):
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Job Summary: Responsible for developing, planning, and executing all aspects of fund development for HKWHFH. Leads and manages all fundraising initiatives including major gifts, planned giving, annual campaign, corporate giving, grants, capital campaign, and any associated special events. Responsible for delivering an annual fundraising goal of approximately $450k (and growing!). We are also in the midst of a multi-year capital campaign that this individual will lead.
Fund Development Strategy
- Develop, maintain, implement, and track a fund development strategy and fund development plan that achieves HKWHFH fundraising goals.
- Lead a Fund Development Committee (FDC) and Campaign Leadership Team (CLT) to deliver on the fund development strategy, fund development plan and capital campaign for HKWHFH.
- Manage fund development budget and ensure accurate reporting.
- Create and maintain a monthly fund development dashboard and timeline for key funding activities.
- Develop fundraising strategy to grow and expand donor base diversity, including increasing online donors.
- Partner with Director of Community Engagement to leverage various communication channels to access new potential donors and maximize engagement with existing donors.
- Lead, develop, maintain, implement, and track all aspects of prospect research, cultivation, planning and major gift asks for capital campaign currently underway.
- Develop and implement strategy to maintain donor interest and motivate donors to renew and increase their level of giving.
- Lead the HKWHFH team and board in cultivation of key relationships with donors.
- Develop and maintain a gift acceptance policy for the organization.
- Develop and deliver a signature fundraising event and other activities necessary to meet or exceed the budgeted fundraising goal.
- Cultivate relationships with key corporate giving contacts and other top employers in the service area.
- Cultivate relationships with key foundation contacts and other sources of philanthropic funding in the service area.
- Acknowledge and follow up with donors to cultivate connections between donors and the organization.
- Serve as primary lead for and arrange meaningful interactions of key donors with HKWHFH, including major donor visits, site tours, meetings with the ED and/or board, etc.
- Increase stakeholder investment in the organization through a variety of meaningful connections and touchpoints
- Coordinate with the Director of Community Engagement on overarching communication strategy to ensure donors have a consistent and cohesive experience with HKWHFH. Ensure donor contact information is regularly updated in Constant Contact.
- Coordinate with the ReStore to increase the engagement with ReStore donors and convert more ReStore donors into affiliate donors.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 3+ years in nonprofit development role
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Fine attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment that is constantly evolving
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, establish and communicate priorities, and to take initiative
- Customer service focused
- Commitment to Habitat for Humanity’s mission
- Strong teamwork skills and willingness to partner with others
- Preferred: Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Preferred: Experience soliciting and securing major gifts
- Preferred: Capital campaign experience
- Some nights and weekends required
- References upon request
FLSA status: Exempt
Schedule: 35 hours a week, Monday through Friday 9-5pm with some weekends and evenings required
Salary range: $55,000 - $63,000
Hanover and King William Habitat for Humanity (hkwhabitat.org) is an equal-opportunity employer whose mission is to eliminate substandard housing conditions in Hanover and King William County through affordable housing homeownership and critical home repair. This is achieved by establishing a partnership between the homeowner and HKWHFH. We invite those who are looking for challenging yet rewarding work to join our team. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid sick time and 10+ holidays, health insurance coverage, and a relaxed work environment. Become part of an organization that makes a real difference in people’s lives while utilizing your skills and developing new ones!
To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter and a subject line of ‘Director of Development’.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/CASHIER
Department: Hanover and King William Habitat for Humanity ReStore
Position: Customer Service Representative/Cashier
Employee Status: Non-exempt, hourly. Up to16-20 hours per week, shifts available between 10am-2pm Tuesday through Saturday
Pay is $11 per hour
- Welcome customers, answering their questions, help them locate items
- Operating cash registers and other electronics as necessary
- Respond to customer and donor inquiries, providing outstanding service to customers and donors.
- Screen for product usability, donation compliance and acceptance standards.
- Load and unload materials from customer donations and purchases from/to private vehicles in a safe and effective manner.
- Distribution of donation receipts, information and/or marketing materials
- Position and reposition saleable materials on the sales floor, maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly sales floor.
- Use hand jacks and hand trucks to move heavier items and pallets
- Daily cleaning and straightening of ReStore loading and unloading area, keeping it safe, and orderly.
- Supervising volunteers, making their experience meaningful.
- Within the scope of Hanover Habitat’s mission and operation policies, understand the needs of donors, customers, volunteers, and staff and respond to them in an efficient, courteous and respectful manner.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Hanover Habitat’s goals, mission, philosophy and policies and demonstrate this understanding in daily interactions.
- Maintain effective and professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, customers and donors and the public.
- Other duties as assigned by the ReStore Manager
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check
- Must be available Saturdays
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk extended periods of time without break.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, and outgoing personality.
- Punctual and reliable
- Willingness to work with volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Desire to work with diverse staff and customer base
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Veterans welcome to apply.
Applicants are asked to send a completed application and resume to [email protected] or to come into the store to fill out an application and bring their resume.
The ReStore is open Tuesday through Saturday, 9-5, and located at 9159 Atlee Road, Mechanicsville, VA 23116.
Download the application here.